Yoga for Sassy Mamas
Whether you became a new mama three months or 3 years ago, it’s never too late to add yoga to your mama lifestyle.
Not only is yoga great for your body, it also relaxes and clears your mind, and helps towards keeping your hormone, detox and nervous systems balanced.
Feeling tired – I mean tired like you never knew was possible-exhausted! – yoga can help to refresh you with simple and relaxing techniques.
Yoga is also great for kids – it teaches them many life lessons that will be helpful on and off the mat – discipline, health, mindfulness, being kind to others, understanding the body, being able to just sit still, being able to calm the mind and think clearly, the list goes on.
How can yoga help mamas?
- Yoga can help create awareness of re-aligning the spine – carrying baby on one hip for a long time – oops!
- Ease tight muscles – 2.5 kilos of baby soon turns into 9 kilos and that’s a lot of work 24/7 for mama
- Soothe tight shoulders and sore back – stress has taken on a new meaning; new mamas never stop worrying and a lot of that tension is in the back and shoulders
- Relax the hips – the birthing process can create a lot of stress and can cause misaligned hips
- Relax the mind – need I say more…
- Focus the mind – so that you’re ready and refreshed to be the best mama you can be!
- “Me time” – need I say more…