Raw vegan chocolates can be just as luxurious and sexy as their sugary milk- chocolate enemies, and here’s a recipe to prove it!
These truffles are decedent, rich, health-supportive, full of live energy and could even boot your libido…wink, wink
Ingredients (makes about 20 truffles):
- 2 cups of mixed raw and organic nuts – I used pecans and brazils
- 6 small medjool dates
- 1 cup of raw and organic cacao powder – full of antioxidants and natural energy
- 2 tsp. maca – a superfood known to boost libido, as well as support your nervous system generally
- 10 drops of liquid stevia (plant-based sweetener, but be sure to buy the dark-green colour as the white colour is highly processed. Planetary Herbals is good option).
- 3 tablespoons of raw and organic coconut oil – a source of good fats, it actually has anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties!
- Pinch himalayan pink salt – mineral dense
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of cinnamon – to lift the chocolate flavour
- ¼ cup coconut water (in bottom of blender to save your blades)
- 2 cups of desiccated coconut (plus a bit extra to roll the truffles)
- 1 cup of raw and organic cocas nibs
- Blend ingredients 1 – 11 in a food processor, in a blender on a low speed or on a “food processing” setting in a programmed blender
- In a bowl, fold the mixture in with ingredients 12-13
- On a large plate, place a “sheet” of desiccated coconut
- Make small balls / truffles with the chocolaty mixture in your hands, and roll in the sheet of coconut to cover the truffle balls
- Place in the fridge for approx. 1 hour (you may store in fridge and take out as needed)
- Allow to “defrost” for a few minutes before eating
- You may store in the fridge for 1-2 months