You know when you need a sweet pick-me-up with a little bit of ooompf and you’re just not sure what to reach for without spoiling all of your new year’s resolutions about quitting sugar etc…well this is your lucky day! These little balls of bliss are packed with fibre, high in antioxidants and the cacao will give you the little pick-me-up you were looking for!
yields: about 20-25 small balls of about 1 TBS each in size
- 1 cup dried mulberries – I picked mine at the dry fruits stalls in Istanbul as they were such great value for money! Buy organic where you can.
- 1 heaped cup of large palm or medjool dates – de-pipped
- the peel of 1 orange grated finely
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch chilli powder – to your taste - I use about 1/4 tsp for a punch!
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 TBS coconut oil
- 2 TBS runny tahini
- 1 cup activated almonds - ideally dried but otherwise use straight after soaking – activate your almonds by soaking them in water overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- first place your mulberries in a food processor and pulse until they’re almost powdered, but not quite
- place all other ingredients in your food processor – save some cacao powder and mulberry powder for rolling
- pulse until all ingredients are well combined – the mix should be sticky and be able to stick together in your fingers
- taking about 1 TBS of mixture, form a ball and roll in the cacao and mulberry powders (use a baking tray to save on mess)
- hand roll each ball with love :0)
- allow to set in the fridge for about 2 hours and then they’re ready to be served
- Store in an airtight glass jar in the fridge….if you can bare not to eat them all!