- 2 fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1 fresh garlic clove
- 1 TBS white miso paste
- ¼ cup cold pressed extra virgin olive oil (or cold-pressed flax oil can be used)
- ½ cup of organic shelled hempseeds or pinenuts for a “cheesy” flavour
- ½ tsp. Himalayan Pink Salt or Sea Salt (this salt is mineral dense)
- 1 -2 pinches cayenne pepper – to your taste
- ½ tsp. of lemon juice
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Serve with your favourite grain, pasta or salad.
- This can even be used as a dip for crudités.
- My favorite is to serve with spiralized raw zucchini – looks like pasta but tastes so much better – see below.
- Store in a glass mason jar in fridge for up to 8-10 days.
Directions for zucchini pasta:
(1 zucchini per person/serving)
- Put zucchini through a spiralizer to get “pasta” strands, or cut into thin strips.
- Always “weep” your pasta over a colander with a pinch of mineral salt and lemon before serving with the sauce.
- Let sit for at least 10 mins in salt and lemon, and then squeeze out access water.
- Only then add your pesto.