~ I recently found myself with way too many cherry tomatoes and decided to make some sun-dried treats! This recipe is a great way to enjoy and preserve your tomatoes.
Prep Time: about 10 minutes + drying times
Yields: 8-10 servings
- Roughly 400g of cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup cold-pressed olive oil – try ours here!
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 TBS dried mixed Italian herbs (oregano, basil, marjoram, rosemary, thyme (could use fresh herbs and dry them out yourself!)
- 1/4 tsp high mineral salt, like pink salt
- wash and cut the cherry tomatoes in 2-3 slices
- place on a tray and dehydrate using either an oven (fan assisted on the lowest temperature, 50 degrees ideally, for 30-40 minutes), in a dehydrator (on 115 degrees c for 12 hours or until dried but chewy texture), or in the sun for as long as it takes for them to dry out (make sure to cover with a net if you use this method)
- in a mason jar, add the tomatoes, olive oil and seasonings – close the jar and shake well until all the tomatoes are covered in the oil and herbs
- store in the fridge until ready to serve!
~ you can store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a month.