Is there any better way to say “I love you” than with raw beautiful hand-made chocolates…no, I dIdn’t think so :0)
As always, this recipe is so easy to do you could even get the kids involved!
I am often asked about brands I like to use in my recipes and there is one band I LOVE when it comes to chocolate and that is Big Tree Farms in Bali. When it comes to conscious chocolate making, these guys are the real deal - fair-trade, organic, beautiful and clean factory – i can’t fault them other than I wish i lived in the factory! You can buy this brand on iherb.ae / .com internationally.
(sealed with a loving kiss)
yields: about 20 pieces
- 2 cup raw cacao butter, melted bain-marie style – careful not to burn your butter!
- ¾ cup raw cacao powder
- 3 TBS toasted carob powder
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- pinch – 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1/4 cup powdered coconut sugar (place in a blender and pulse until you get a nice powder texture and not grainy) – you can use up to ½ cup for a sweeter version
- about 1/4 cup of hazelnut butter for the filling
- In a high speed blender, blend the butter, cacao powder, vanilla, carob, salt and sugar
- Taking your chocolate moulds (I used heart ones ;0)), pour the mixture into the individual moulds until each is just less than half full.
- Place the tray into the fridge for at least 2 hours - check the chocolate is set.
- Next, using a teaspoon, gently place a layer/blob of the hazelnut butter into each mould placing it thinly in the middle of each chocolate base so it doesn’t squeeze out if the sides, allowing enough space for an extra layer of chocolate on top
- Fill each hole with the remaining chocolate sauce and again allow to set in the fridge.
- Store in the fridge or freezer
- Make sure to make with love – food has energy!