~ this thick jam is a powerhouse of antioxidants, plus with no added nasty sugars (which jams usually contain) you know that that the energy hit is a healthy one! Try it with thick-sliced seeded wholemeal or rye toast or with the Date, Chia, Walnut and Banana Bread above. Will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Prep Time: 40 mins
Yield: 4 servings
- 12 large medjool dates
- ¼ cup chia gel – (white chia seeds soaked in water for up to ½ hour)
- ¼ cup goji berries (soaked in water for 1 hour and drained)
- pinch high mineral salt to taste
- ¼ tsp vanilla powder
- blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until well combined
- you want to aim for a thick “jam” texture
- eat immediately or place in an airtight jar and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.